Lead: Nancy Wiegman
Chico Sports Club’s yoga department offers one of the most extensive schedules in town. With over 50 classes each week, there is a time and level of ability that can suit just about anyone’s schedule.
- Gentle Yoga – Breathing awareness, stretching, strengthening and relaxation designed for seniors, people recovering from injury or anyone preferring a slower pace.
- Level 1 – A class for those new to yoga and for continuing beginners.
- Levels 1-3 – A class of mixed levels of difficulty from beginning to advanced.
- Vinyasa Yoga – A flowing style of linked postures.
- Ashtanga (osh-TONG-uh) – A challenging workout, consisting of a fixed sequence of postures linked by rhythmic breathing.
- Mysore-style Ashtanga – A self-guided practice which varies according to ability.
- Iyengar (eye-YEN-gar) – A hatha yoga class in the style of B.K.S. Iyengar, known for precise attention to alignment and detail.
- Yin Yoga – A relaxed practice of floor poses held for 3-5 minutes.
- Restorative Yoga – Deep relaxation using props.
- Youth Yoga – Yoga for younger age groups.
- Chair Yoga – A gentle yoga class where participants use a chair for assistance.
- Meditation – Meditation for peace and guidance from within.